Five tips for finding the right man onlineLaatst bijgewerkt op 24 juni 2021
Just as online dating is a great way to meet new people, there are also great pitfalls. Sometimes, unfortunately, you also get to deal with weirdos and time wasters. Below are five great tips to help you find the right guy online.
- Use the right sites: Your choice of online dating site can be a huge determinant of the kind of guys you're going to encounter. As a rule of thumb, if you're looking for something serious, opt for sites that require a paid membership and require you to go through a fairly extensive sign-up process (think long questionnaires, for example). Guys who are just looking for something one-off, won't go through a long questionnaire and a long sign-up process. In addition, they are also less likely to sign up for a site that is paid.
- Associate with Guys: There is often fear and insecurity around approaching guys: for example, there is fear of rejection, or fear of coming across as wrong or desperate. The truth is that men are not put off by this. Making the first move shows great self-assurance and it shows that you have high standards. Of course, it also means that you can choose who you want to talk to.
So be brave and try not to take any rejection too harshly. Online dating is sometimes about waiting for the right moment, so don't worry if a few messages go unanswered. Be patient and keep taking the initiative.
- Pose revealing questions: Try to avoid boring, mundane questions. If you really want to separate the wheat from the chaff, it won't do to ask the man about his weekend.
- whether he is willing to work 15 hours a day for a million euros a year.
- Whether he prefers cats or dogs.
- Whether he would prefer a holiday hiking through the mountains or relaxing on a beach.
- to his favorite book (and why).
People like to answer questions about themselves, and the information you get will tell you a lot about the person you're messaging.
- Make a list: Guys looking for something casual are likely to approach women who themselves seem more liberal about the whole process. A great way to dissuade the players is to show that you take online dating seriously.
A great way to do this is to give your profile a list of characteristics you look for in a person. Try to come up with five things (be specific!) That are really important to you.
- Maybe you want to meet someone who likes to spend weekends exploring fishing villages.
- Maybe ambition is important to you.
- Maybe you like guys who wear hats.
This is how you make it just a little more complicated to deter the time wasters.
- More dates, less time invested: Eventually, you will have to meet him face to face. A great way to manage your online dating is to have lots of short dates. Don't invest the time to go out to dinner with someone you may not have a click with. On the first date, just have a quick coffee before lunch; if there is a click, you can always opt for a longer second date. This way, you can meet more guys and avoid long and painful evenings.
Bronnen & referenties
Bronnen gerelateerd aan: "Five tips for finding the right man online"
success dating woman, how to find a man, find a man, dating a man, man for dating